Thank you for contacting me. As promised, here is some information on what I do, Sports, Stretch and Wellness Behavior Therapy.
I am a certified Fascial Stretch Therapist in addition to 25 years of studying and teaching yoga, mindfulness/meditation, mobility training, biomechanics and emotional healing through all of those avenues, as well as training teachers and wellness professionals. I am also in graduate school, getting two Master’s degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Sports Psychology. I am currently focused on one-on-one treatment and coaching, starting with the body and fascial stretch therapy. My reason is simple: the body is the way in. If we can gently and wisely get our bodies to function better and feel better, with less pain and effort, fear and concern tend to lessen. And when fear and concern lessen, our body automatically gets stronger, and the cycle continues. So we will start with your muscles and tissues and joints, and we will do it in a way that you will trust and know me, and that healing is occurring.
For our stretch sessions, I will be using the “FST” technique with you, a manual therapy that focuses on the connective tissue system rather than isolated muscle treatment. Certified practitioners assess passive, active and resisted movements in functional positions as well as on the treatment table. The approach starts with assessment and treatment where needed at the deepest part of the connective tissue system – the joint capsule. It progresses through all layers of the fascia, ending with the superficial layer. Where the central or peripheral nervous system is restricted or not optimal in movement, proper neural mechanics are restored. Muscles that were inhibited are activate while those that are over-activated are normalized.
One of the main goals of FST is to down-regulate the nervous system. When the nervous system is regulated, pain is reduced. When pain is reduced, mental and emotional states are balanced. When mental and emotional states are balanced, better decisions, communication and outlook changes. When that changes, we know better how to manage and proactively work to limit pain overall.
FST is based on scientific research and over 20 years of experience accredited by the University of Arizona and the Fascia Research Society. Since 1995, FST has been intentionally recognized as the premium brand of unique assisted stretching backed by original research, thousands of testimonials from individuals, teams, coaches and therapists, and all major league sports teams and Olympic athletes.
What makes FST different?
- Pain free
- Personal treatment (vs. in a group)
- Hundreds of movements and stretches customized for your specific needs
- Traction, flow and Neuromyofacia Technique: this technique produces faster and greater gains in flexibility and mobility
- pain reduction
- stress reduction
- increased flexibility and mobility
- improved sleep
- better posture
- improved weight management
- faster recovery from fitness and athletic activities
WHAT TO DO/EXPECT FOR YOUR STRETCH SESSION:
- Wear comfortable clothing. Athletic, athliesure or yoga clothes are perfect. Ladies, I’d rather you wear pants/leggings vs. shorts if possible (so your skin doesn’t stick to the table.)
- You do not need to bring anything. If the session includes and physical therapy or strength conditioning work, I will provide all needed props and gear.
- Each session lasts from 60 minutes unless more is requested. I do not book stretch sessions for less than 60 minutes, as it takes that long for the body to down-shift and also for a comprehensive treatment. Plan for closer to 75 minutes for your first session, as I’d like to spend some time talking to you about what you have going on that brought you to the session.
- Each session is $125. A 90 minute session is $200.
- Payments are accepted in cash, check or by Venmo/ApplePay. I currently do not accept credit or debit cards. Cancellations are accepted 24 hours prior to session. No-shows will be charged for the session.
- You can do a stretch session every day if you want! Most people like to get a stretch once a week on average. Many of my clients end up doing a combination of FST and yoga, and we can talk about that at your session if you’d like. I also combine other therapies such as using compression boots and an infrared PEMF Mat for improved circulation, quicker muscle recovery, better sleep and more receptive tissues. If you would like to book additional time for the boots or the mat, the cost is $30 for 30 minute blocks of time. If you want to combine the therapies within your hour,
- Prepare to relax; I do all of the work.
- You do not have to be flexible to receive fascial stretch therapy. All levels of flexibility (or lack thereof) will benefit.
- Sessions are held (unless I am in Granbury) at my permanent location, 3901 W. Vickery Blvd., Suite #4. Look for a yellow and white, two-story “house” back in the trees. Use the door second from the left and come up the stairs. Be very careful entering AND exiting the parking lot – people drive very fast and inattentively around that corner on Vickery. You can also park in the back – that is quite a lot safer (that’s where I park).).
- Rest assured that during this time of covid, I have taken all of the needed and appropriate measures to keep my clients safe. I am fully vaccinated and have never had Covid. I want you to be comfortable, so whatever you prefer (with regard to a mask) works for me as well.
- After your session, be sure to hydrate and nourish; your body is working harder than you will realize during a session and needs diligent post-care.
- If you would like to book a session, please text me at 817-992-2280.
OTHER SERVICES I OFFER:
- Meal preparation (smoothies, snack bowls, salad jars)
- Therapy hikes
- Sports therapy (injury recovery therapies, KT taping, pliability work, etc.)
- Private yoga therapy
- Infared chronic pain mat sessions
- Guided audio walking/interval jogging sessions
- Guided audio stretching sessions
- Private coaching of the BeWell21 Wellness Program*
Please call or text anytime (I don’t mind late or early) with questions.
See you soon!
My name is Justin and I wanted to tell you a little about what I’ve gone through and how Brooke has helped me with my chronic pain.
I was born with cerebral palsy and I was never supposed to walk. I’m now 35 and just had my 15th surgery in February. I have been living in pain since I was born and I have seen every type of medical and holistic professional you could think of to help my pain.
Brooke has helped reduce my pain without medicine. With her knowledge and years of experience she’s been able to improve my quality of life more than any medical professional has. On top of that she truly cares about the people she works with and has a passion for helping others.
My surgeon told me before my surgery because I was working with Brooke he did not have to do additional procedures to my foot. I should still be on crutches but because of Brooke I should be able to start running next month.
The key to working with her is being consistent and not giving up. I have so many physical challenges but together we build an individualized plan to figure out the best way to overcome them.
She is the best. Trust and follow her lead, I promise she can help you. — Justin Pitts
*BeWell21 is a totally doable, workable health, wellness behavior, and lifestyle guide. Practiced for three weeks and then coached thereafter if the client chooses, this program is meant to teach health and life tools that work for anyone, at any age and any life stage, for the long-term of their lives. BeWell21 will include nutrition and physical fitness counseling and personal development. Ideally executed with a wellness behavior therapist who does daily and weekly check ins, BeWell21 is intended to help create healthy relationships with mental health and physical health. It is process-oriented and addresses client knowledge and skill needs in areas such as eating habits, physical fitness levels, rest and recovery and life satisfaction. Instead of just meeting immediate needs and alleviating symptoms of pain and stress, BW21’s goal is to help its clients become fully functioning and assist them in striving for their own wellness.